Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fall, Football, and Food

Well, it's been a while since my last post and I've been wondering if I was even going to continue on with this blog. I'm thinking I am going to, I think it is kind of fun, so what I'm thinking is since I'm pretty busy with school and about all I do now is study, watch football and cook, I will talk about the latter two of the three things I do (you probably don't want to here me talk about studying and school). I will probably give a couple picks that I like for the college games each week and try to find an NFL pick or two that I like, and let whoever is reading this what is on the menu for Saturday and Sunday (our biggest and most important food days of the week.)

College games Sat. 9/19:

Cal vs Minnesota over 52.5: Cal should win this game but the line in this game is 13.5 which kind of scares me because I'm not too sure how well Cal is going to travel they've lost their last 4 away games. I do however think they will put up some points because Jahvid Best is a freak, and should be able to run all over the place once again. They've scored 52 and 59 points in their two games they've played this year and Minnesota has put up descent points in their previous two outings. So I think the over should be good here.

Florida vs Tennessee over 52: Once again the line in this game is too big, Florida -30, for me to take Florida, who will definitely win because they are just absolutely ridiculous this year. Tennessee's coach Lane Kiffin has been talking trash about Florida since he got hired, so Urban Meyer is going to be looking to embarrass him, and they could very easily cover the 30 points. However since this is a pretty heated rivalry, I can't bet this game with the points, 30 points is kind of a ridiculous line for two good programs in the best conference in college football. Florida is definitely going to put up a ton of points and might cover the over by themselves, and as long as Tennessee puts up some points, the over should definitely be good...oh yeah plus Florida has Tim Tebow!

tim+tebow.jpg



On the menu tonight is shrimp scampi over angel hair with homemade garlic bread, more on that later.

Oh and here's a little reminder: These picks are for recreational purposes only and should not be used as the basis for any actual cash wager, so don't come complain to me if both of these picks are duds.

No comments:

Post a Comment